Import Speaker in Newly-Placed Speaker/Array

Mondegreene

Question

When using the Speaker or Speaker Array tools, the "Import" option for speaker type does not appear until after the speaker/array is placed.

I am embarrassed to admit that I spent several years thinking that the "Import" feature was a myth and did not exist, because every time I looked for it I was in the middle of placing a new speaker/array, rather than editing an existing speaker/array.  Every time I've used the tools, I either chose a Speaker Type that I previously saved, or proceeded to manually enter the geometry in the process of initially placing the speaker/array in the drawing.  I never thought to go back to an existing array to look for the import feature because by that time I generally didn't need it.  

I finally realized that if you are looking at an existing Speaker/Array, the Import option appears.  This resolves my frustration for the most part but it would still be nice to save a step and be able to import at the beginning.  I might even save someone else years of frustration.

• Like 2

1 answer to this question