SeanOSkea

Disappearing Textures Still?

A few versions back, and a few years ago I posted the question as to why textures randomly disappear on objects after awhile. I'm using 2018 and still having the issue. It seems to happen on Extrude along a path objects more than others but not exclusively. When you select the object, the Render Tab sill shows the texture applied so its not like I'm accidentally assigning no texture to them. As soon as you re-assign the texture its fine but I always have to hunt around in a model before I run a big render as there will almost always be a few. Often they are inside of groups or even in symbols. The rest of the group or symbol will be fine but one piece will draw white. And its white like No texture and White fill as AO still appears--not like a white hole in the render. 

I'm hoping this goes away in 19?  

VW 18     I7-8700k  3.70     32RAM  GTX 1080   Wind 10 

Sean,

I’ve experienced this as well and it appears it is just another in a series of minor but annoying issues. I’ve never been able to track the source of that issue. 

Still happening in VW19 SP2.  Continually having to re-select and add textures to objects between renders in different viewports.  Making it impossible to get multi-viewport sheet layer renders done.