PDF on PC is whack

BK

I've just updated to VW 11 recently and I've been having some issues printing to PDF.

When I choose to print using a Post Script Driver, all of my symbols will be pushed to the side. All symbols are on different classes and other elements that seem to stay in place are on the same layer. I'm pretty sure it's an issue with the PDF driver. But it only does this with Vectorworks.

When I print in Non-Post Script, everything stays the same but my (inserted) worksheet will slowly drift away from the text. Also, I've selected to embed the fonts I'm using and it won't do that either.

Can anyone offer any suggestions. This is something that I've been experiencing since my udpate to VW 11.

I'm using Adobe Distiller 5.0

BK,

The standard Adobe Acrobat is not setup to handle large sheets. Until I discovered that bit of information, I had experiences similar to yours. Three possible solutions: a) get AA Professional at great expense, b) buy PDF995 for $9.95, which does large sheets, or c) adapt your version of Acrobat to work with your drawings.

Go to Control Panel and click on the Acrobat icon. In the Print Preferences: Layout or Paper tab, click on the Advanced button. Set the Custom Page Size to your sheet size. Set the Print Quality to 300dpi. In the Properties dialog: Device Settings, increase the Postscript memory to 32,000KB. This works on my XP system, but you may need to play around with the numbers.

The key is to reduce the memory requirements for a large sheet with more pixels than 8 1/2 x 11. Also, the postscript memory seems to be based on the Mac where you manually allocate memory to certain processes. Good luck,

JHE