Export To IFC

Acip79

Hi,

First of all I am a beginner in Vectorworks 2018. Sorry if my question have been resolved before but I could not find the related tread in this forum. Just a simple one. I am working with consultant that used Revit. How can I include my property line & grid line to exported IFC format. I need to pass this setting out for them to follow.I found out that levels will follow when I create the stories. Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Edited by Shibli79

Hi elepp,

Thanks for the option but i still cant export grids & propertyline to IFC format. I downloaded the sample file in the tread given but it use combination of lines,text to make the grids but i use grid tool for mine & property line tool. the grid lines are assign to ifcgridaxis similar in the sample file. but still no luck on it.

Thanks anyway.

Hi,

I opened the ifc file in revit & the grid line does not appear, only levels are in the ifc file. I export using 2x2 & 2x3 ifc format. Tried also to link in revit using ifc 4 format. But still does not appear. Its ok, i am just curious if there is other user facing the same issue and found the solution. Btw, i am both revit & vwx user. :-)

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/23/2018 at 9:28 AM, Shibli79 said:

Hi,

First of all I am a beginner in Vectorworks 2018. Sorry if my question have been resolved before but I could not find the related tread in this forum. Just a simple one. I am working with consultant that used Revit. How can I include my property line & grid line to exported IFC format. I need to pass this setting out for them to follow.I found out that levels will follow when I create the stories. Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Could this information be useful for you? 

Schermata 2018-09-14 alle 10.54.53.jpg