Texture Mapping Walls

This is really weirding me out.

I'm trying to map a default brick texture to a number of walls.  Most of them will only map on the ends, but one is mapped correctly on a face.  I've replicated the settings, played with reversing sides etc, everything that makes sense, and some things that don't.  I really don't want to have to rebuild all the walls one at a time until I randomly get proper mapping.

Anyone have similar experiences, or advice?

Probably best to thoroughly understand the ways textures can be applied to the various wall surfaces, as VW offers a reasonable degree of customisation.

There are several vids on 'the tube' - Try

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_VJkYTVf00

968693227_ScreenShot2018-08-22at16_15_13.thumb.png.13bdd86c1c7a4c4a01cd65a0eb5799f7.png

It may suit you better to use wall styles with the textures already applied, but for the moment if you have one wall you are happy with use the Eyedropper Tool (Shift-E) to pick the attributes from the 'correct' wall (The tool settings left as 'all attributes' will probably work fine for you). Now change the eyedropper to the 'apply attributes' mode and pick the various walls that aren't correct for you. 

You should now have all walls with the texture applied to just the one face.

Come back if you have problems.

• Like 1