Search and replace function in search criteria in worksheets

elepp

Question

Hi folks,

maybe this wish exists in other variations already, but I would really wish for a search and replace function in worksheets. I had to create a tone of worksheets recently for a list of apartments in different buildings. I created a template and than had to duplicate them for each building and than adjust the building name in the search criteria manually in each worksheet multiple times. That can easily add up to a hundred operations i have to perform. Maybe I am to ignorant and an easier way exist but so far i couldn't find it. I've attached a screenshot of my problem and wish for a necessary function.

Btw. could we also have an easier way of choosing between OR and AND in the criteria dialog box. Having to manually adjust that is a pain in the neck atm and very prone to mistakes.

Regards,

Eddi

Bildschirmfoto 2018-08-22 um 11.15.44.png

4 answers to this question

Hi Pat,

thanks for your quick reply. I tried your script. It kind of works the right way. I just have to select every cell in the worksheet and than run the script. Weirdly enough, even though it replaces the substring, it produces an error message (see attached screenshot). Can't make any sense of it.

Yeah, thought as much about the criteria. At the moment it's a huge pain point for us for implementing worksheets office wide, because there is no easy way of explaining it. Plus, for manual adjustment I need to right click on the row and than abort the dialog to enter the formula for the search criteria. If I accidentaly confirm the dialog, it changes all my manual adjustments to the default. 😢

Regards,

Eddi103274801_Bildschirmfoto2018-08-23um09_12_37.thumb.png.8aae313731c2ce55d7625765a09c6c1d.png

Edited by elepp
Forgot the attachment

Hi Pat,

thanks for the help. Will try that. And hope that future versions of Vectorworks will make it easier changing the search criteria in worksheets. As it stands it's still a very tedious and labour intensive part dealing with lots of similar worksheets.