Label Legend

Hi everybody,

I am trying to make a label legend out of rectangles with rounded edges. I can duplicate the rectangle symbol, taper the edges, modify the size, and save it within the containers folder. I then activate the fields/container type for Universe, Address, and Channel, in the Label Legend Manager>Edit Fields. Furthermore in Edit Layout the rectangles show up and the Text; I move them to their expected positions and then hit Exit Symbol

2028937366_LabelLegendQuestion.thumb.png.cebd989058728df84454d1548cea8d1b.png 

but the Label Legend I assigned to the Lighting Instrument does not resemble the positions I originally made. I hit Refresh Instruments and still nothing. 

Even the text is in the wrong spot.

1737538793_LabelLegendQuestion2.thumb.png.fb461f16d3ea2c881b64df5dfc2e3155.png

What do I do to get it to resemble what I made in the Edit Layout?

Thanks,

Kris

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The containers and labels are only aligned based on the insertion points.

Moving the containers while editing the layout will not adjust the position of the container.

Only the location of the text is tracked, the container is there fro reference only.

For your layout you should make the center of the container the insertion point and use a center alignment for the text.

Also try placing a new lighting device to check the default location of the labels or reassign the LL to the existing instrument. Refresh Instruments does not restore labels to the default location once they have been moved by the user.