Acrobat and vectorworks

Can you please clarify the problem?

Stating that PDF doesn't work, doesn't give me much to work with. Are you getting an error message? Does only part of the drawing print and not the rest? Please be as specific as possible as to what is or is not happening.

quote:

Originally posted by lgoodkind:

I am unable to create pdf files from vectorworks 10.5. I have Acrobat 6 pro and it works with everything else. I used to plot by producing pdf files. Now I can't. Anyone have suggestions - please help!

If you have a Macintosh and OS X, you can, using the Print dialog, hit "Save as PDF." Then you name the file, taking care to uncheck the "Hide Extension" box- especially if you plan to send the file to a PC user.

The file will save as a document readable by Adobe Acrobat. Acrobat, I don't think, can take native VW and PowerCadd files and make PDF's out of them.

[ 11-09-2004, 05:31 PM: Message edited by: johncruet ]

quote:

Originally posted by Don Samuelson:

The "Save as PDF" worked fine for floor plans but didn't work for rendered 3D views or rendered elevations. Anyone have a fix for this?

G4 PowerBook 1.33

I would export my rendered 3D views as either Photoshop or Jpg files, then I'd create PDF's out of the jpg's.

For some reason, my Acrobat won't take a Photoshop file and create a PDF.

Don,

I probably create PDFs from every possible view/rendering combination within VWA every week. Always with consistent results.

You likely need to check the 3rd pulldown menu in the Print dialog box. Select VectorWorks - set the print resolution to 300, NOT 360, and then Save as PDF. For some reason, PDF chokes at the higher resolution.

Good luck.

Don,

I don't seem to have the same problems you're describing. I do wince sometimes at the file size of a Final Renderworks PDF, but I'm able to get them saved. I've learned to open it in Acrobat and run the Reduce File Size option. In addition to significantly shrinking the file, it also prompts re version?which I usually set back to 5, in the event my client doesn't have the latest.

How much memory are you running?

If you'd like to PM me, I'd be happy to run your file on my system to see if I can be of any help.

Thanks Travis & Kevin,

I discovered what I was doing wrong and have found the proper area for setting the resolution. After a number of tests I now have found that I can only produce PDFs that are rendered with OpenGL but not RenderWorks. What next??? How do I produce the final quality RenderWorks PDFs and also have file sizes at around 1Mb rather than 12Mb or so?