Add Stake Tool functions to Slab Tool

brian-rwc

Question

I wish Vectorworks could find a way to add the functionality of the Stake Tool to the Slab Tool to simplify the process of modeling complex slab geometries of varying slopes. This would be very helpful when modeling a whole bunch of things such as parking garage decks, grade level slabs that need to conform to varying finish grades and even low slope roofs.

Ideally using this function would be just like creating a terrain model except after selecting your Stakes you select 'Create Slab' instead of 'Create Site Model'. It might first create an un-styled slab which you could later convert to any other predefined slab style.

Currently the only work around method I've figured out to use is to create a terrain model to define the surface slopes (using triangulation display options) which I then need to trace as a 2d line over a section cut viewport and draw my slabs in as a 2d graphic only. I would think there would have to be a better way to do that. Seems like Vectorworks already has the functionality to do these separate tasks - and they just need to combine them.

I am aware of the current slab modifier functions for setting drain locations, slopes, valleys etc however but is only useful when your slopes are uniform. There are so many other situations where the slopes or grades can only be properly defined through triangulation.

• Like 2

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet