origins and rotated plan views

rexwexford

Question

hello all

me again, and origins again . Thanks for all your help on my previous origin questions. I think I have got to the bottom of what is causing our practice to have issues, and things seem to be running a lot more smoothly for now. 

I am now comfortable setting up and amended user origins to reflect real world coordinates, etc. 

however, I have noticed that if I set up my user origin and then use the 'rotate plan' command (available in architect) the origin will change to accommodate the new view. I understand why it would do this. 

What i don't get is, if I then re-do my user origin to the same offset within that rotated view, it is happy to work at that origin in a rotated view. If i then set my rotation back to zero, it will change the origin again, when in theory I am now in my original view with original origin. 

If i am wanting to give setting out co-ordinates, it is pretty crucial that these are correct. 

What do people do to get round this?

thanks

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet