Importing new lighting fixtures in library

rohitbagre91@gmail.com

Question

I have done this before but can't seem to remember it now, How do I import new fixture files into my lighting instrument library? 
I am trying to import the JDC-1 fixture symbol into my lighting instrument tool in spotlight. Copy pasting the JDC-1.vwx file obtained from GLP website into Vectorworks 2018 library - objects- lighting instrument folder does not help show the file in the software. Need a solution urgently.

4 answers to this question

There are several ways.

One simple way is:  Open the file JDC-1.vwx copy the fixture (not the pile of 3D polygons) and paste it into your drawing.

OR

From the resource manager 

Click the gear > Browse a Document… > Navigate to JDC-1.vwx > Right click on the symbol > Import

OR 

Click in the Lighting Instrument tool > in the menu bar Instrument symbol: pull down > Click the gear > Browse a Document… > Navigate to JDC-1.vwx > click once to place the instrument > click again to set rotation.

Hey folks! 

I am, as well, searching for the JDC1 vectorworks file. I also obtained my JDC1.vwx file from the download section of the GLP homepage. However, whenever I open the file, all I see is a 3D poly mesh model of the JDC1. When I try to import the fixture from another file using the resource manager, all I am getting are two weird symbols that are definitely not the fixture itself. 

Any help would be appreciated! 

Kind regards,

Paul

JDC3Dmodel.png

ressourceManagerJDC.png

JDC-1.vwx