Wildcards in Resource Manager

Thanks halfcouple. That would be funny if it wasn't for the fact that we are all trying to use Vectorworks in our profession, while wondering whether it is time to jump to Archicad or Revit.

I don't suppose there's any point in jumping up and down! If they can't fix niggly bugs from one release to the next, what chance a decent search function?

Hold ya horses! I just went here:

...which states: "To make searching easier, asterisks will be treated as a wildcard, which means any character or number.  It is also possible to use the keywords AND, OR, and NOT to improve the results. These are case-sensitive, although the rest of the search is not."

So, I searched for...

HOLD YA HORSES AGAIN!

Previously before para.3 I searched for for and got nothing; searched for for* and got the expected results for a wildcard!

THEN... I went back halfway through writing this, to confirm and got no results for either search - even after a complete reboot. for**ift - I know, that was pushing it and no, it didn't work! Nether did for* *ift

fork NOT lift actually works but fork not lift doesn't - so upper-case = essential.