2019 Hardware Requirements

dtheory

Searched, but to no avail.

Jim (or anyone)... do we know hardware/OS requirements for 2019 yet?

Pardon if this has already been covered.. I couldn't seem to find references to any discussion..

If there is already a topic could someone point to the link?

Thanks

Edited by dtheory
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Not yet, but we should be able to share them shortly. If you're in a hurry though; they are not much different (if at all) from the 2018 system requirements, we bumped them up over the last two years already.

The only major difference I am aware of is that we should still be able to support back to macOS 10.10, we didnt have to drop all but the last 2-3 OS versions on the mac side as we have sometimes had to do.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
47 minutes ago, Mark Aceto said:

How about hardware recommendations based on 2019 improvements (particularly for us frustrated and broke Mac users)?

We will do both, we did it last year a bit as well, where we listed the minimum requirements and then what wed recommend from experience. So in the 2018 article the Minimum Hardware Profile is the system requirements, and then the High End Profile is what wed suggest for heavy duty work.

If that isnt what you meant, or it wasnt clear enough, please let me know, I can directly affect how we share that info and I'm open to suggestions on how to make it as clear as possible. I know its a lot of tech jargon.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jim Wilson said:

We will do both, we did it last year a bit as well, where we listed the minimum requirements and then what wed recommend from experience. So in the 2018 article the Minimum Hardware Profile is the system requirements, and then the High End Profile is what wed suggest for heavy duty work.

If that isnt what you meant, or it wasnt clear enough, please let me know, I can directly affect how we share that info and I'm open to suggestions on how to make it as clear as possible. I know its a lot of tech jargon.

Thanks, Jim. Looking forward to it... 

Hardware Benchmark Results posted by Jim Wilson are a great resource for users looking to upgrade their workstations. It would be great if fellow users would post benchmarks for newer workstations that are not on the list. Anyone using the New 2018 MacBook Pro with the I9 processor for rendering and cad on Vectorworks 2018. Would like to compare to a 2017 Imac Pro at about the same price.

I am looking to upgrade my aging workstation and would like a portable option with a EGPU for home. Being able to input project measurements directly would save a step. Also after years of sitting in dark cubicles it is time to get out. The geek bench score for the new MBP 2018 easily trounces my 2010 classic Mac Pro even with all the upgrades we have preformed.

Edited by rjtiedeman