Revision History

Hi there world, 

Im relatively new to the VWs scene; been using the program for 3 months now. I just up a title block with the title block manager and all seems to be updating, including the revisions. However when I try and set up a revision history, none of the revisions and dates appear on the worksheet? Im not using Issues as the company I work for just uses revisions. The revision number, revision date, revision note and revised by are all linked to value (object info box) and all linked to parameters from Revision Data.  

I have watched all the available videos online, vimeo and youtube. 

Im using VW 2018 Architecture on Windows 10 Pro, 64bit

Thanks  

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello,

Project Revision History is still listing Issues, with their 'Current Revision Number' values, so it is a mix of working with Issues and Revisions. If you have no Issues, you will not see anything in that worksheet.

If you want to display information about revisions only, use Sheet Revision Log worksheet from Title Block Manager.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

2 minutes ago, scays said:

I to have suddenly seen that adding a new revision to an import of a 2013 project results in the revision number reverting to a numerical instead of the alphabetical revision I used for previous revisions, the previous revisions stayed alphabetical.

Hello Stephen,

Could you send me a test file with this issue?

Thanks,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

Ok, so im now using Issues as Revisions instead. Im happy to make that swap. However Im having great issues with the project revision history and project issue history. (At this stage I am just playing around with vectorworks so its not a real project). The automated history sheets have revisions/issues that I have deleted or they are missing revisions/issues. The information appears in strange places (where the project name and address is meant to be). The sheet numbers do not appear is full, numbers are missing. 

Is anyone else having these problems?. I would love to be able to introduce the Issues and Revisions technology on vectorworks to my office. However until I cant get it to work full, I cant introduce it. 

Thanks 

11 minutes ago, scays said:

Take a look at sheet 64, first two revisions are A, B, then all of a sudden its now stuck on 1159998 Guys Cliff v2019 (1).vwx 

Had to zip file to uplaod

159998 Guys Cliff v2019 (1).vwx.zip

I suppose something went wrong during the update of the old title blocks. If you could send me the file, before the Title Blocks were updated, I could investigate this furthermore.

Anyway, you could fix this, by changing Revision Numbering from Document Options pane of Title Block Border settings dialog to the other type and then return it to the desired numbering type.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, twhitwell6 said:

Ok, so im now using Issues as Revisions instead. Im happy to make that swap. However Im having great issues with the project revision history and project issue history. (At this stage I am just playing around with vectorworks so its not a real project). The automated history sheets have revisions/issues that I have deleted or they are missing revisions/issues. The information appears in strange places (where the project name and address is meant to be). The sheet numbers do not appear is full, numbers are missing. 

Is anyone else having these problems?. I would love to be able to introduce the Issues and Revisions technology on vectorworks to my office. However until I cant get it to work full, I cant introduce it. 

Thanks 

When you are deleting Issues and you do not want them to be included in Worksheet Reports anymore, you should delete them from the whole document and not from the current TBB only.

Could you send me a test file with the messed up worksheets and a picture of the Issue Manager options, that you have used to create these worksheets?

Thanks,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

On 8/20/2018 at 3:44 PM, Nikolay Zhelyazkov said:

When you are deleting Issues and you do not want them to be included in Worksheet Reports anymore, you should delete them from the whole document and not from the current TBB only.

Could you send me a test file with the messed up worksheets and a picture of the Issue Manager options, that you have used to create these worksheets?

I have attached the file that im using to play around with the title block. As you can see, the two issues Ive added have come up as C and D, not A and B. And on the revision history page, most of the information is in the wrong place; the project info and company info hasnt been added. 

Vectorworks seems to have all the software available but none of it seems to work without hours of searching for troubleshooting. 

987. 50-52 Wellsway.vwx

On 8/24/2018 at 6:45 PM, twhitwell6 said:

I have attached the file that im using to play around with the title block. As you can see, the two issues Ive added have come up as C and D, not A and B.

- The file you have attached is already updated and I cannot tell you why the issue numbers are wrong. Anyway, if you change issue numbering to 'Numbers' and then back to 'Letters' it will be fixed.

And on the revision history page, most of the information is in the wrong place

- The information is placed from right to left, as you have selected to show more issues, than you have. If you limit the number of issues to show to the number of issues you have, the information will not be shifted.

the project info and company info hasnt been added.

- In VectorWorks 2018, this information is left for the user to write. It could be written in the resource worksheet just once and then created from the Title Block Manager with that information, without the need to write it to every worksheet.