J.cole

Creating Hoist Layout Stickers

Hello All,

I am curious how you all are producing motor layout stickers using VW? After designing a rig

the Hoist worksheet is great for collecting all my hoist info needed X,Y's-Motor type-etc; so

what is the most efficient way to transfer this info onto a sticker that also displays the corresponding motor symbol?

Can this all be done within VW?

I would imagine it would be generating a worksheet in Vectorworks with the info you want, exporting a CSV delimited version of it.   Then use Microsoft Word mail merge (or similar),  with that CSV as the data source.  And format how the labels look/what size label.

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 6:27 AM, Wesley Burrows said:

I would imagine it would be generating a worksheet in Vectorworks with the info you want, exporting a CSV delimited version of it.   Then use Microsoft Word mail merge (or similar),  with that CSV as the data source.  And format how the labels look/what size label.

Thanks ill give it a try!

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 10:31 PM, LMorga said:

Josh, did you figure out how to do what you were looking for?

Not quite,

I'd like to fully automate the process of producing layout stickers.

As of now I use a template I created in Microsoft Word which works fine for smaller layouts but is time consuming. 

I have been turned onto a few possible ways of doing so I'm going to give them a try, ill keep ya posted! 

I create a worksheet, export into csv file. then I use the avery.com website to import the csv and match an avery label. Not automated, but I get to fidget with the outcome along the way.