kenpayson

Need glazing to be clear and it shows up opaque

I created windows and doors intended to have clear glass. The glass shows up opaque in open GL. I tried making the glazing class 'Glass-Clear' with no fill for that class. I tried having no fill for the object, but that only makes the sashes clear, the glass remains opaque. I tried 'None' for the glazing class in the settings. Nothing works. I tried importing a clear glass window from another file, but it shows up clear in the original file and opaque in the new one. 

I solved this in the past and can't remember how. 

Any and all suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks,

check your open GL options to see if use texture is on.  it is at the bottom of the render dropdown.

I think I had a similar problem in the past with Windows because

the Glass Class was not set to use Class Attributes or Texture attributes.

Also, make sure that your glass texture has the necessary attributes to be clear. You can find the texture and the means to adjust its settings in the resource manager.

What is your percentage for transparency? if past 100%, then objects show solid in OpenGL but look super in renderworks 

Thanks for all the help - I reopened the file and set the glazing-clear class on and it seems to have worked this time.