Unified View Not Showing All Layers

naomi3

Question

Hi everyone,

I want my 'unified view' tool to show all layers and classes when switched on. I have all layers (and classes) set to 'show/snap/modify others' and the layer scale is 1:1 for all layers.

I want all layers to be visible / greyed out even if they are inactive, so I can see the entire building. At the moment the only layer objects I can make visible are those on the active layer only. If I want to see each floor level of my house I must click through layer by layer at a time, making each layer the active one in order to see that floor.

I'm new to VWs so expect it to be something quite simple.

Thanks for your help! :)

2 answers to this question

You should be able to see all hybrid objects, 3D objects, and 2D objects on the layer plane with those settings.

There is one more setting to allow you to see 2D objects on the screen plane on non active layers.

View > Unified View Settings… [or double click the unified view button in the menu bar]

Check:      Display Screen Objects

Uncheck: Only on Active Layer

That should get you want you want.  Post back if that doesn't work.

Thanks for that. I unticked 'only on active layer' under 'Display screen objects' as you recommended. This didn't help so I went through the other checks and found the culprit - I had 'show only layers belonging to stories' ticked. I don't have stories set up yet so this was why.

Thanks! 🙂