Revision Cloud Tool again............!!

tgm

I am again in trouble with the Revision Cloud tool locking up VW11. When I say locking up I mean the the program crashes and does not respond. I previously posted this dilema and was told by katie that I was pasting from one layer to another with vastly diffent layer scales and that was the cause.

I totally disagree and feel that this is a bug and todays events prove that. I ised the tool on one layer scale, changed the billow factor and when the cloud appeared is was mis-shapen and now it locks the drawing up and my file is now corrupt and I cannot get rid of the cloud. The drawing is very slow to open and after it does open all commands and menu drops are in slow, delayed motion. If you try to click on the cloud to select it the program crashes, locks and your done.

If this isn't a bug or program fault, i don't know what is.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?? I am running WinXP.

I am now afraid to use this tool as the drawing I have the cloud on is now corrupt and I don't know what to do about it.

Can anyone at NNA help on this situation???

Tom

I tried that and as soon as I get near any object with the confines of the cloud extents, it locks right up. The whole program does not respond in any way. I get a prompt...program not responding........and that's all she wrote.

This is indeed frustrating when this simple tool worked very well in past versions and now it does this. All in some vane attempt to allow us users to change 'Billow Height', Factor etc. For what purpose??

I still have never heard an answer to this one.

Tom ...still plugging away........

You could in an effort to save your work copy the drawing piece by piece except the cloud into another drawing and test that out to be okay, then ditch the bad file and hope NNA sort the problem out for you at some stage.

I've rescued some bad files this way.

You've probably already thought of this but in case you hadn't due to frustration !!

Good luck

If this a PC / Win XP problem I wish someone would address it or at least acknowledge it. I have already sent a file to Katie with this problem intact in the form of a corrupt file but with no help other than a friendly user error comment about pasting onto layers of different scale. Where is this covered in the manual??

Tom