Make Architecture great again! PLEASE!

zeno

Question

7 answers to this question

On 8/12/2018 at 12:04 PM, Zeno said:

A completely rebuilding stair tool. Completely. A new tool. I started to draw in vectorworks in 2009 and is it the same stair, whit some improvement. Where it allows to manage the single steps in 2D, 3D, manually. Where I can manage a Stair from a simply polyline or polygon, and not to be "close" in 10 forme types. Where if I move a component it “talks” with slabs. It is a little bit strange to manage a Stair form and after that to manage the slabs separately. Where I can find a NURBS model. We need to close the gap whit Archicad.

Yes - please.

• Like 1
On 8/12/2018 at 6:04 PM, Zeno said:

Component in section mode who can be connected exactly like in plan mode. Grafically, whit 2 clicks. Not after doing 100 tests in separate wall and slab styles and whit 100 viewport updates. In slabs, walls, roofs, around the windows, like in reality. Everywhere. Actually the system don’t works well. The plan mode only works well. VW need exactly the same in vertical mode. How can we draw in detail? Think about 5Dimension BIM

I've found Multiple Drawing Views in VW18 to help with this a lot because I can work in 2D Plan and ortho (not section so much) at the same time. A section implementation would be awesome though.

2 minutes ago, Alt+F4 said:

I've found Multiple Drawing Views in VW18 to help with this a lot because I can work in 2D Plan and ortho (not section so much) at the same time. A section implementation would be awesome though.

Off course Alt+F4, i think is it the only way to find a solution for this problem. Better with 2 monitors, but a 2 click connection it could be much better than that actual situation. I think that VW need to have more attention to the front views and about all dimension editing parts.

2 minutes ago, Zeno said:

Off course Alt+F4, i think is it the only way to find a solution for this problem. Better with 2 monitors, but a 2 click connection it could be much better than that actual situation. I think that VW need to have more attention to the front views and about all dimension editing parts.

Yes, I agree. Sometimes it feels like VW has upgraded to 3D only recently but still mainly relies on 2D drafting views to do the modelling.

Just now, Alt+F4 said:

Yes, I agree. Sometimes it feels like VW has upgraded to 3D only recently but still mainly relies on 2D drafting views to do the modelling.

it's exactly the feeling you get when you want to work finding more details on your work. If you work whitout detail everithing looks file, but if you go under the 1:100 scale you can only hope that tools could resolve your specific situation immediatly beacause often you need to find several alternatives that can mean increased work and spend a lot of time. we are in deeping switching BIM detail process. It is very hurry to change the improvement on this direction i mean.