Finding IFC objects by "tag"

I have imported an IFC model from a steel fabricator (I believe they may use Tekla, as there are record formats in the file that are prefixed with Tekla). Each object or group of objects has a field "tag" under IfcElementAssembly record, although this record format is not present in the Resource Manager. I would like to find (select) objects or groups of objects in the model using the value in the "tag" field. I've tried to use Custom Selection... but this field does not seem to appear anywhere. Any ideas on how I would do such a selection in VW?

Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 15.14.19.png

Edited by David Poiron
Added screenshot.

The "tag" field appears to contain a unique object identifier string. One of these identifiers appear next to each object (or group of objects) in the shop drawing set and is tied to the objects in the IFC imported model. What we are hoping for is a way to search for the vectorworks file (IFC imported model) in order to easily locate a particular object using this unique number.

Is there a reference file available that provides definitions for ifc data fields?  I've looked on the BuildingSmart web page, but can't seem to find it.  

The page http://www.buildingsmart-tech.org/ifc/review/IFC4Add2/ifc4-add2-rv/html/  has definitions from ifc to english - it would be very useful to have an index from english to ifc, to give a sense of where to look for something.

Edited by Chad Hamilton HAarchs