VWX 2018 - Changing Hanging Angle of Truss Symbols

Hello,

I am using the Insert Truss Symbol tool connecting the symbols together with auto connect on. I am trying to make a triangular shape laying flat and then I would like to hoist the triangular unit at a 45 degree angle sloping down from the down stage side. 

I see the hanging angle option (see attached) when inserting a new symbol, but I am unable to change the hanging angle after inserting the new truss symbol. 

Is there a way to change the hanging angle of a group of connected truss?

Thanks,

Max

Hanging angle option for new truss.JPG

2 minutes ago, markdd said:

In order to change the hanging angle after insertion the 2D geometry needs to removed from the Truss objects. To do that just check the "Draw 3D only" box in the OIP of all the objects and then rotate the connected trusses as normal using the Rotate Tool.

That works!

Thanks!

Great! 

No Hybrid 2D/3D symbol will rotate in the way you need for things like trusses. That's why the "Draw3D" only button exists. What happens is that vwx creates a new symbol that contains just the 3D geometry and replaces the symbol in your truss object. You will notice in the Resource manager that you now have the original 2D/3D Hybrid Truss symbol plus a new 3D only version.

Hope that helps