Centre drawing option in wall components for line type.

RDS Casa

Question

I've been using complex line types to allow for repeating elements in wall styles. So for example I define a simple stud, with a repeat of 450mm as a line type. Then I use this in the left or right pen in the wall component. Works fine in plan. The stud spacing is off a bit at the termination, but no one cares. Also works well for putting insulation batts in a wall style.

HOWEVER. this does not work when you use a section viewport... It works when sectioning the wall one way ONLY, but when it sections the other way, it renders the complex line geometry on the wrong side of the line. 

All this could be avoided by having a centre option 

AND this centre option would be better for placing dashed membrane line in the centre of a membrane zone, rather than bunching it up against the adjacent component. 

There are a few work arounds... one is to make a left/right and right left version of the wall style. The other is to create multi components which have no content to space things out. But neither are great.   

This might sort out these questions from 2012,

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet