Renderworks camera in model file

dominijk

Question

I have a model file in which the 3D model exists and i've added some renderworks cameras for the views i want. My normal work flow for 2D drawings is to have a separate print file which references the model. Can i get a comparable work flow for renderworks through either;

Adding the renderworks cameras in the model file to viewport in a print file - i can't see how to do this

Add new renderworks cameras to a print file that references the model - have attempted but nothing shows

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, dominijk said:

I have a model file in which the 3D model exists and i've added some renderworks cameras for the views i want. My normal work flow for 2D drawings is to have a separate print file which references the model. Can i get a comparable work flow for renderworks through either;

Adding the renderworks cameras in the model file to viewport in a print file - i can't see how to do this

Add new renderworks cameras to a print file that references the model - have attempted but nothing shows

Hi @dominijk Did you try and make a viewport from that camera & have that printed from a presentation layer? Just double tap on the selected camera in your floorplan and make that 3D view a viewport with Menubar > View > Create Viewport. 

Once you have a camera in a Design Layer, you can make it available as a view port in a Presentation Layer & print from there - no need for seperate files. Advantage of PL over DL is, that you can have multiple cameras, views and scales in the same print. Just hit File > Print to get a hardcopy from the PL.

Edited by Jan-Burger TROOST

A camera is actually an alias, it doesn’t add content to the file. If you you a reference file it needs to be loaded in your print file as well, right? I’m not that much into ref files, but loading external content doesn’t sound ‘light’ to me… 

Making symbols of repeated objects  slims down the file as well since it  will become an alias of the object put in the drawing. I myself find a lot of benefit in cleaning up my files before rendering & using light sources (Tools > Purge). 

Edited by Jan-Burger TROOST