Unable to turn off Heliodon

line-weight

Question

See the attached video. I have three heliodons set to different times. In the viewport concerned, I am only able to turn the '9.03' and '15:00' ones on and off. If I turn the '9.00' one off, when I deselect the viewport, then selct it again the 9:00 heliodon has turn itself on again. NB also that when I turn it on and off, the viewport override symbol is not going on and off as it should be.

5 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Does this happen in all viewports or just this one viewport? If you create a new viewport on a new sheet layer, does it behave the same way? Are you turning the heliodons on and off using Visualization, or by class? If you do it the opposing way, does the light then turn on and off as expected?

Hi @Jim Wilson and thanks for your response.

All the heliodons are in the same layer and class. So am turning them on and off purely through the Visualisation palette.

However - I saved a version of the file where I was experiencing the problem, and just went to reopen it now, to try some of what you suggested. But the problem now seems to have disappeared. So it may be something that is resolved by a file open/close.

I'll report back if I experience it again.

By the way I find the Heliodon objects generally a bit buggy. Sometimes they lose their name in the Visualisation palette. And they can tend to disappear from view in the design layer - that was happening in this file too but on reopening they look ok for now, they are all visible and selectable as they should be.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
18 minutes ago, line-weight said:

By the way I find the Heliodon objects generally a bit buggy. Sometimes they lose their name in the Visualisation palette.

I have seen this multiple times and have it filed as a bug, I sometimes see the name simply go blank, but most commonly see it revert back to its default location name.

51 minutes ago, Jim Wilson said:

I have seen this multiple times and have it filed as a bug, I sometimes see the name simply go blank, but most commonly see it revert back to its default location name.

Is it supposed to be possible to change a Heliodon's name anyway? Because if I change it in the OIP it retains its location/time name in the list in the Visualisation palette.