Export to Image files

Hi there,

After one week trying to create the perfect images from VectorWorks drawings i hope some of you can help me because: tiff, eps, and print to pdf are not the quality we wants for the book especially the thin lines like 0.10 and hatched lines are not always visible!

My question: wat is the best method to create image files (export) for publishing??

Thank you so much, MP

Hi

I've had similiar problems in the past here are a few things you could try.

1.increase the line thickness of your objects

2.render the drawing before you export it

3.increase the reolution of the export in the export diologue

4.export eps to adobe illustrator or similar programe and increase the line thickness there before converting to image file.

Hi

Tried the few things (thanks) but still most images will not print good. Because the image output is around 6 cm some lines will become dotted or dissapear. Tiff, pdf and eps will become really bad.

On screen it looks always very good and from VW it is ok to print this small scale so it could not be the printer.

Do somebody know the best way to publish (export) drawings to around 6 cm printed??

The output format depends on the type of output, you are trying to create. If it is a bitmap rendering, try tiff or jpeg. If it is line- or vector graphics, eps or pdf is better. Try to adjust the scale of the drawing so that the output size is close to the end use size (6 cm). This way you will not have to scale the output afterwards, thus scaling the line weigths. If you are creating the output from a sheet with viewports, the dpi-setting in the layer setup of that sheet will effect bitmap outputs.