Space Fill and Pen Opacity Seperation

Tom Klaber

Question

I am not sure why, but you can not separate the fill opacity from the pen opacity for Spaces.  This is a bummer - we like to create color-coded rooms with labels.  Unfortunately, the label is controlled by the pen style - so when we want a 50% opacity - then the label fades to 50% too.  

Seems odd to introduce the separate opacity control, but then not roll it out to all the tools. 

• Like 3

1 answer to this question

I ran into this same issue. On my Design Layer, I wanted the Spaces with no fill, but on Viewport, I would like to use Data Visualization to fill the Spaces with colors. When I set the class of the 2D Boundary of the Space to "No Fill," the Data Visualization would not work, even will a Solid fill set in the Data Visualization.

I managed to fix this issue by making the 2D Boundary of the Space Style use a different Class than the Space itself. Then, I could set the 2D Boundary Fill Opacity to 0%, while still having the Pen Opacity at 100%. Using this method, Data Visualizations now work

However, they Data Visualizations do not work when the Class Fill is set to "No Fill." They don't even work when I override the Class settings inside the Viewport themselves.

Edited by joelengelhardt
Solved issue with workaround