Database criteria for objects in Resource manager but not in drawing

michaelk

Question

I often need to see if a class that appears in the navigation palette is actually doing anything useful or is being assigned to objects it shouldn't be.  Sometimes it's just to combat class bloat and sometimes it's to find objects that were accidentally created with the electrical circuiting class active. 

I use a worksheet database with the criterion C='name of class'  to investigate and it works great almost all the time.

Except when:  

1.  There is an object in a symbol in the Resource Manager - but not inserted in the drawing - that is assigned to the class in question.  Database returns zero objects.  But when I go to delete the class it asks me what I want to do with objects assigned to that class.  If I delete that class, will I be messing up a symbol that I might care about later?  There's no way to ask VW what symbol it sees that has an object assigned to that class.

It would be great if there was an additional option to look in symbols not inserted into the drawing.

2.  The class is assigned to a wall, slab, or roof component.  Same situation as #1.  Sometimes we build a wall style for a specific project with a weird component assigned to an innocuously named class and that wall style get's inherited into other projects.  I'd like to know where it is without editing all the wall styles looking for it.

So it would be nice if there was an option to look inside wall, slab, and roof styles that are in the Resource Manager but not used in the current drawing.

• Like 1

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet