Why does DTM site model crop always do this to me?

Christiaan

Question

8 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Christiaan said:

Here's the file: test.vwx

Changing yours from mesh to extruded contour seems to make it behave as it should.

I tried pasting the site model from one of my current projects into your file. Then I copied your crop object and applied it to my site model.

It seemed to work OK on mine , didn't produce the same result as yours - whether in mesh or contour mode.

Fiddling with yours, I found that offsetting the crop object inwards by 1000 made the messy bit disappear. I think there's something it doesn't like about the crop object being outside the extent of the survey data. I've a feeling I've come up against something like this in the past.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, line-weight said:

I think there's something it doesn't like about the crop object being outside the extent of the survey data. I've a feeling I've come up against something like this in the past.

Yes, I think you're spot on. That crop is the boundary of the site so I think I'll just add some interpolated levels around that line. Thanks for spotting that.

Edited by Christiaan