plotting to an Encad NovaJet 4

I am having trouble printing to an Encad NovaJet 4 using Archicad 7 on Mac OS 9 and X using the built-in driver supplied with Archicad. I have also tried the Microspot X-RIP and it does not resolve the problem. Does VectorWorks plot to this model plotter? Does it require a RIP? Has anyone had luck with this plotter?

• 3 weeks later...

Microspot X-Rip is OS X native. Make sure you have version 1.6x!

Also, make certain that the USB dongle furnished by Microspot is in place and secure. Once you set up x-Rip, you will have to repair disk permissions on your Mac, restart the Mac, then try to plot. I have an Encad CadJet 2, and using X-rip, it plots everything. Even Excel worksheets.

If you go to http://www.microspot.com/products/techInfo/xrip.htm you will find that your plotter is supported by x-Rip.

One other thing- if you use a USB-to-parallel converter, make sure that it is compatible with X-rip. An early model that I had from Belkin was not, so I had to spring for one which I got direct from Microspot.