Hello All

I am a user of Vectorworks Spotlight for many years. I have recently invested in vision.

Why of why is there not a standard set of 3D figures that are not legacy that can be used to pre vis a band setup. Why is there not a basic set of guitars amps and bass amps and keyboards etc. There are a few bit and bobs but nothing acceptable. 

Currently being laughed at by WYSIWYG and Capture users as these are basic necessities of a 3D entertainment drawing package and visualiser.

Please sort this as its a bit problem. 

Richard

• Like 2

I feel your pain - though I must admit I do all my band setups in Cinema 4D.

That said - I believe @jimw has stated in the past that a thread in General Discussion does almost nothing to sway the developers and that a WISHLIST item is much more effective.  I can think of a lot of us around here that would upvote that.  So maybe start a tread there?

Edited by EAlexander
  • Like 3
58 minutes ago, Rob Books said:

We have many of the Instruments already in the libraries - the hard part has been human figures playing said instruments.  

Ah, that makes sense. I gave up on the legacy figures in 2009. I opt for stylized figures even if I'm doing realistic renderings. I have a whole collections of translucent NURBS figures I use. I'd rather reserve the geometry for the objects I'm designing and not slow down the model.

KM

669459448_ScreenShot2018-08-01at7_06_12AM.thumb.png.b6b6af3d35b851621e39567b7a99a91d.png

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Kevin McAllister said:

Ah, that makes sense. I gave up on the legacy figures in 2009. I opt for stylized figures even if I'm doing realistic renderings. I have a whole collections of translucent NURBS figures I use. I'd rather reserve the geometry for the objects I'm designing and not slow down the model.

KM

669459448_ScreenShot2018-08-01at7_06_12AM.thumb.png.b6b6af3d35b851621e39567b7a99a91d.png

Looks good Kevin

• Like 1

I do more or less the same thing. I use realistic instruments but non-descript silhouettes for people. It’s not necessarily ideal, but I also find that it is better to either use a silhouette or an image prop of the actual person than using a non-descript model. I tried figures years ago and the first comment I would get from clients was some joke about how different the model looked from the actual person. I’ve also messed around with mannequins. This is nice because you can see the effects of back light, side light, etc. but it does slow down the render process and often the gains are just not worth it. 

• Like 1