ericjhberg

All fonts and formatting changed...in multiple files

Question

We have had a nightmare scenario where in a push toward a deadline we noticed that ALL of the fonts and their formatting changed throughout several documents and their associated references. I have never seen anything like this before in our workflow and we have been using for a long time.

Thoughts?

3 answers to this question

It sounds like a font mapping issue. Not many other things would globally affect all the fonts in a file. Do you use a standard system font? Has your operating system been updated recently?

Close your files and back them up. Go to Tools>Options>Vectorworks Preferences>Display and click on Font Mappings. Delete all of the font mappings. Reopen your files and see if the Font Mapping dialog pops up. If it does, I would try remapping the fonts back to themselves. I've seen font IDs change and VW will get confused about what the true font is.

Kevin

• Like 2

Thanks Kevin...unfortunately our work arounds had already rendered this fix difficult to gauge, but I will try to keep it in my head for the next time...which hopefully never comes.

I have to say that I was perplexed by this one...haven't ever seen it before.

I've seen something similar...some of the door tags suddenly turned out huge. Not all of them though, and they are all using the same font:

https://forum.vectorworks.net/index.php?/topic/57012-project-sharing-huge-door-tag-font-size/

Going to try Kevin's mapping tip the next time this occurs.

Edit: For us this occurred in two separate files, not simulatenously

Edited by JMR