All fonts and formatting changed...in multiple files

ericjhberg

Question

We have had a nightmare scenario where in a push toward a deadline we noticed that ALL of the fonts and their formatting changed throughout several documents and their associated references. I have never seen anything like this before in our workflow and we have been using for a long time.

Thoughts?

3 answers to this question

It sounds like a font mapping issue. Not many other things would globally affect all the fonts in a file. Do you use a standard system font? Has your operating system been updated recently?

Close your files and back them up. Go to Tools>Options>Vectorworks Preferences>Display and click on Font Mappings. Delete all of the font mappings. Reopen your files and see if the Font Mapping dialog pops up. If it does, I would try remapping the fonts back to themselves. I've seen font IDs change and VW will get confused about what the true font is.

Kevin

• Like 2

I've seen something similar...some of the door tags suddenly turned out huge. Not all of them though, and they are all using the same font:

https://forum.vectorworks.net/index.php?/topic/57012-project-sharing-huge-door-tag-font-size/

Going to try Kevin's mapping tip the next time this occurs.

Edit: For us this occurred in two separate files, not simulatenously

Edited by JMR