Align and Distribute with Spotlight Symbols

mcs

With VWX 2018 SP4 (build 435714), the align and distribute objects dialogue fails to properly distribute spotlight symbols.

In this screen shot:

blue lines are aligned on center with the furthest left and furthest right spot light symbol

blue lines are distributed with "spacing"

spotlight symbols are also distributed with spacing, but spacing between symbols is inconsistent.  

I thought I was crazy, but I exported this file back to VWX 2017 and it works as expected, e.g. spot light symbols distribute evenly just like the lines.

I feel like this bug has existed through most of the life of 2018, but I've never had a chance to narrow it down.

Screen Shot 2018-07-29 at 10.17.19 AM.png

I think they have added the insertion point option for 2018, in which case that should solve your problem. The spacing setting looks at the whole bounding box of the symbol, and unless all of the symbols are the same, then you will get the result you are getting.

The Insertion point setting works fine here.

Edited by markdd

Ok, I think the reason why you are getting a slightly random result is to do with that maybe the data in your label legends may not be the same. I think the tool may use the whole lighting device, label legend and all.

The Insertion point selection is at the bottom middle of the dialogue box in the pic you posted earlier. You also need to have the Align check box set in the top right of the dialogue box.

Hope that works

Edited by markdd