Question

Hi, I hope all of this makes sense - I've been trying to troubleshoot this for hours.

I have created a 3D model of a set. I use section viewports (that I have configured to be elevations) to create my front views of the walls. 

I am to the point where I am setting up my sheet layers and dimensioning. All has been fine - for the most part. I'm not sure at when in the workflow, but something changed. All of the elevations were on the sheet, and I had dimensioned everything. I went to work on the next sheet of elevations, and went back to the previous sheet to double check something, once I got back to that sheet, one of the viewports was missing a wall - dimensions where there as annotations, and a few stray shapes that I couldn't identify. Thinking this was strange, I go back to the original sheet (plan view) to see if I had unintentionally moved the viewport reference (section line?) and it's not there. Nowhere to be found - whether selecting all, or using the custom selection tool. I didn't save, quit the program and reopened to see if that would fix it. No go. Quit again and shut down the computer (not restart), then rebooted, opened VW - still had missing info. Every other viewport and its reference is fine. I tried to create a new viewport and nothing. The problem isn't resolved.

Has anyone run into this before?

Thanks.

1 answer to this question

Not sure what the issue may be but when confronted with viewport related anomalies my first action is to check class visibilities at both the document and viewport levels.