Vanishing Elevation Viewports

nubourne

Question

Hi, I hope all of this makes sense - I've been trying to troubleshoot this for hours.

I have created a 3D model of a set. I use section viewports (that I have configured to be elevations) to create my front views of the walls. 

I am to the point where I am setting up my sheet layers and dimensioning. All has been fine - for the most part. I'm not sure at when in the workflow, but something changed. All of the elevations were on the sheet, and I had dimensioned everything. I went to work on the next sheet of elevations, and went back to the previous sheet to double check something, once I got back to that sheet, one of the viewports was missing a wall - dimensions where there as annotations, and a few stray shapes that I couldn't identify. Thinking this was strange, I go back to the original sheet (plan view) to see if I had unintentionally moved the viewport reference (section line?) and it's not there. Nowhere to be found - whether selecting all, or using the custom selection tool. I didn't save, quit the program and reopened to see if that would fix it. No go. Quit again and shut down the computer (not restart), then rebooted, opened VW - still had missing info. Every other viewport and its reference is fine. I tried to create a new viewport and nothing. The problem isn't resolved.

Has anyone run into this before?

Thanks.

1 answer to this question