And another duplicate along path....

Its been a while since I last used VW so please forgive me as I'm a bit rusty but I've been stuck with creating a semi circle of Martin Sceptrons and some sunstrips in the vertical plane. I can't even seem to rotate any of the Sceptron or sunstrips symbols that come with VW.... just not up to my usual standard or maybe I am! So I can't rotate a hybrid object. What do I do? It seems pretty random as to whether the rota objects in the OIP do anything. I'd like to be able to create an array of Sceptrons loosely based on a semi circle and this just seems the way to do it.... I also want to place some sunstrips that aren't vertical. Where am I going wrong? I just can't get past this. I'm sure that once its made clear there'll be an "oh, yes. I knew that" moment.... I've tried to edit the 3D component to make a symbol that at least sits in the vertical plane rather than horizontal but I'm just failing at every hurdle and although I should really stop for the night and go to bed its really bugging me now...

Cheers in advance.

Hybrid symbols cannot be rotated in 3D

However, the lighting device tool allows rotation of the 3D portion. Go to the OIP and scroll down to the set 3D orientation section. There you have control over rotation in all 3 axes. The 2d portion remains flat, but the 3d portion “beneath” it will rotate.

hope that helps?

• Like 1