Publishing Question/ Problem

MartinFahrer

Question

I really like using the publishing feature. It's nice only having to type out the sheet name once and publish a packet.  Lately I ha noticed something odd happening.

1- I open my blank template with pages set up, start to draft then plate. 

2-When I plate I rename my plate to the appropriate name.

3-When the file publishes the name is the old name and not the current

4 I re-publish the exact same way and file name is corrected

I did this step by step with support just to make sure I was doing everything correct.

Images in order Below, any ideas or thoughts?

A Template open.JPG

B Rename the sheet.JPG

C Publish the file.JPG

D File Saved as old name.JPG

E file resaved exact same way name corrected.JPG

5 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello Martin,

I suppose you have Title Block Border object on that Sheet Layer? If so, make sure that you have 'Document Preferences'->'Use Automatic drawing coordination' turned on, before changing Sheet Number/Sheet Title of the layer and this should fix the problem.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

4 hours ago, Nikolay Zhelyazkov said:

Hello Martin,

I suppose you have Title Block Border object on that Sheet Layer? If so, make sure that you have 'Document Preferences'->'Use Automatic drawing coordination' turned on, before changing Sheet Number/Sheet Title of the layer and this should fix the problem.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

Thanks,  I do have an object as my title block (Symbol).  I usually have drawing coordination turned off because I prefer to number and label everything myself.  As I tend to use A and B sheets and numbers that I like to have control of.  I will try it out and see if that works.

M

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
5 minutes ago, MartinFahrer said:

The above does not fix the problem, in fact it exasperates the issues.  It goes through the publishing steps but then nothing publishes.  Back two steps so I am turning coordination off.

Could you make a screen recording showing the steps to reproduce this?

Well I found the answer.  The problem is the number and name length of sub folders in Drop Box.  It was making the save as name length over windows limit of 260 Characters (No I didn't set up the file structure).  One work around would be the turn the name length off in Reg Edit.  However that might cause bugs./  I am just going to publish to my desktop then copy and paste to the archive folder.

Thanks to Dylan and VW for helping me out and not giving up.  Always a big fan of VW tech support