Resizing 2D Textures issue

Magdalena

Question

Hi

I am using Vectorworks Architect 2017 in 2D.

I have assigned a brick image texture to a class. The bricks look too small so I want to resize the texture for the entire class. If I go into Attributes palette/ Image settings I can get the right size for the selected object but the object no longer uses Class Style - instead it switches to Image. When I use Attribute mapping, the texture is resized only for there selected objects, not all objects in that class. When I Edit image attributes in the Resource manager nothing changes. Even when I change the image outside Vectorworks and bring it back in the software still resizes it to 550x550.

Is there any way that I can get that brick texture to look bigger for the entire class it has been assigned to?

Thanks

4 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

To clarify, do you mean a 3D texture, applied via the Render tab in the object info palette, or do you mean a 2d image fill applied as the image fill attribute? 

It sounds like you just need to be editing the texture in the resource manager, not the image used to create the texture. The value at the bottom left of the Edit Texture dialog lets you control the size of the texture and will change the size on all objects that texture is applied to.

• Like 1

Hi Jim,

I mean a 2D Image fill. Even when I go into resource manager and edit the dims of the image nothing actually changes in my drawing. I wonder if there is any other way to rescale the image texture for the entire class it has been assigned to?

2057479633_ScreenShot2018-07-26at12_28_46.thumb.png.eb531ccc49643d9fab13727f6d434639.png

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I don't think this can be controlled like texture or tile or hatch scaling can. The only way I know of to make a number of 2d objects with an image fill match in scaling is to use the eyedropper tool to take and apply the change from one poly to the rest.