Creating a Symbol with a Roof Face Creates Phantom 2D Lines in Top Plan

cberg

Question

I am in the unfortunate situation of dealing with VW symbols today which do not play especially well with walls and roofs.  Most of this I can deal with and I won't complain...  :-)

When making a symbol that contains fairly basic roof faces, however, I notice phantom lines appearing in Top Plan View.  Am I to assume this is a bug?  Or am I doing something wrong?

I need to make the roofs symbols because I need to associate the walls to them, so they look correct in model and in section. 

769544127_ScreenShot2018-07-25at5_58_15PM.thumb.png.d8ed1da0b3df62be2fb1fe80818e5c54.png

Roof Symbol with Lines.vwx

3 answers to this question

In the example you've posted there are two lines one showing and (the same one) hidden.

774429740_ScreenShot2018-07-26at08_57_13.thumb.png.bef5fd2ef31f0fb14fa27b25c907b946.png

Moving your cursor over the hidden line (in red) shows the line is part of the left hand roof face. 

Double clicking the roof face (to edit face) will show the line.

1005073982_ScreenShot2018-07-26at09_04_19.thumb.png.e99b8efc523d83630e615d2a53615b9f.png

Omit the line and exit roof face.

To carry out the same operation on your symbol (the right hand roof) double click the (now whole) roof. Choose edit 2d component (as this is a symbol), then work on the left hand roof face in exactly the same way.

Only you will know why there's a stray line - earlier construction alignment setting to wall got left in by mistake?

Hope this helps.

• Like 1