Location of Vectorworks 2018 Personalised Settings File

brian.harry@cssd.ac.uk

Question

Location of Vectorworks 2018 Personalised Settings File on the client machine. I am looking for a file which holds this info which can be set as a default for all users to use. As I deploy Vectorworks 2019 using SCCM and it is not seeing the Name and Company Info after the deployment. So I am looking to try and set this after the install via updating a file on the client machine via a script in SCCM or a GPO. I need to get this done asap, so any advice would be appreciated.

Kind regards Brian

Edited by brian.harry@cssd.ac.uk

7 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

On Windows the serial number is in the registry key, on Mac it's stored in a plist. The rest of the various settings and preferences are stored in an XML within the aforementioned user folder as well as throughout the folders and plists that are included. SavedSettings.XML is the majority of application preferences, but not all.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
4 hours ago, brian.harry@cssd.ac.uk said:

I have noticed in my Registry that the Registration Information for Name and Company are not available as a value. Can I set these in a file outside to be used for the client, such as a new xml file or existing xml file. I need to get this resolved as soona as possible.

Kind regards Brian

There is no built-in intended way to do this, no. If you transfer all the files mentioned in the article posted above, it should bring those same settings to the other machines, same with your other question regarding maintaining the preference to not check for updates automatically.