Viewport annotations shifting randomly (VW2015)

nvel2442

Question

After a recent career move, I am back at working on VW2015 (MAC) after being on VW2018 previously. I am experiencing what I can only describe as a serious bug in viewport annotations for the first time. Text, linework, dimensions… annotated jump and shift position within the viewport, it can happen as easy as returning to the file the next day or moving the viewports around. The shifting is not always at unison; elements can go ‘all over the place’. This has caused tremendous strain to my performance to the level of a project successful completion being compromised. 

I have a hunch it could be related to rotated ‘view plan’ in design layers as well as copied annotations from one viewport to another retaining some sort of fixated origin point. But there seems not to be a single cause of the problem.

I contacted our local representative but basically was told “bad luck” for using such an “old version” of the software. I have expressed my desire to upgrade within the company but I am afraid they will wait for VW2020 to do so.

Any help / advice in solving this issue will be appreciated…

Edited by nvel2442

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet