Classes for grade object "components"

JMR

Question

Hi,

Might I suggest the following:

Grade objects are very handy. Even handier would be, if one could assign eg. the elevation value to a different class than the grade object itself.

This would allow representing only the elevation and/or slope data from the grade object, if desired.

Usually it is not necessary, practical or even possible to display the complete grade object "network", only the elevation values, unless it's a drawing done to particularly represent the terrain.

1 answer to this question

Here is a visual elaboration on the subject. I faked the class effect by setting the class line thickness to 0 and turning off the slope values and lines.

To the wish I'll add the ability to put a prefix before the elevation value - the local standard is to use the + sign in front of the elevation value to indicate what kind of numerical information is in question. Oddly, one can add that to some other parameteres, but not the elevation value.

102383424_004gradeobjectnetwork-elevationprefixmissing.thumb.PNG.4953ff5e4c940af27e520fe53ebe9fd3.PNG2037734622_003gradeobjectnetwork.thumb.PNG.82d75ed33bccf24a3478b25a9b156cb6.PNG2032324757_003gradeobjectnetwork-elevationsonly.thumb.PNG.5417ee07402f5ac04ae51a198d776189.PNG