Import DXF

I have just been waiting all morning (4.5 hours) for a dxf to import into VW10 on a Mac running OS10, and it still is only half way through (662335 objects in total) .....

I got so sick of waiting I thought I would try it with VW 8.5.2 on OS 9.2.2 and it imported perfect in less than 2 mins

Am I doing something very wrong

cheers

Klaus

Klaus,

Chances are that there is a 3d object or hatch of some sort that was not formerly able to be imported causing the slow down. Of course you don't see the problem in earlier versions because that type of object is simply ignored and not imported.

You may want to try to explode the drawing in AC prior to importing into VW.

Hi Katie

As a check I left the drawing overnight to fully import and then opend the VW 8 drawing in VW 10 and they were exactly the same !!! ... so your guess at there being other objects or hatches does not stack up ..... I just think VW 10 is about 270 times slower than VW 8 at importing DXF

The file was a 3D model built in 3DS Max and exported as a DXF .... is there a faster way to import 3DS Max models into VW 10 without having to resort to VW 8

A significant difference between VW 8 and VW 10 is accuracy. VW 8 can only go about 4 decimal places whereas VW 10 can go more. That will definately contribute to an increased import time.

If you want to email the file to me for evalation, I will be more than happy to look at it to determine why the speed problem is occuring.

Klaus,

My imports are also slow as stated above and these are all 2D objects, no 3D. There goes that theory.

As for your lack of response comment, I agree. I have seen alot of issues brought up on the board that have no response whatsoever, from anyone. At the very least someone from NNA should evaluate and respond even if the reponse is...'you're crazy and here's why...'.

I have posted many topics which I feel are issues that need to be addressed and the big zero sits there in the reply column. Once it moves to page two of the forum , forget it, it will never get addressed.

Still plugging away.........

Tom in PA

Tom