macOS Mojave (10.14) Compatibility

Honestly,

I only use Dark Mode in Linux with KDE Desktop.

Even in Elementary OS and other Gnome Desktop Linux I still prefer bright mode.

The least dark mode I like is macOS with its ugly border lines, tried it a few times

but never used it again.

Windows dark options are ok too but I use bright anyway.

The biggest problem with dark mode is Standard Content in Browser, HTML Mail

or just other Apps like VW that don't support it anyway.

Then the contrast is just too much, opposed to white content in standard bright gray

UIs. And it is not much of a problem to use darker UI Apps like Cinema or Modo in

their full screen on a bright mode OS UI.

Same with the dynamic Dune in macOS.

I deactivated it soon simply because it irritates me when I notice the changing

Brightness when it is changing frames. But my main problem is that it doesn't

fit your bright or dark mode for half of your working time.

But what I do is using multiple Screen Spaces for different App types and it seems

that I adapted their background brightnesses to the corresponding Apps.

like darker Background for my 3D Apps like Modo, Blende  and Cinema, brighter

Backgrounds for CAD Apps like VW or Bricscad and such.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MSLD said:

using 2019SP2, and would have vwx hang when editing callouts.

Hi MSLD, 

• Does this occur every time you edit a callout, or sporadically? 
  • Can you incur this issue using a File > New... > 'New blank document'… 
    • …while your aforementioned file is open?
    • …after restarting Vectorworks and when your aforementioned file is closed?  

@hh_berlin I have found other bugs as i was starting to use it everyday. So it's still not fit for our office roll out IMO. 
Inserting stairs beachballs and bombs sometimes. There are a few other slow downs/hang ups while it processes data. Will note them next time. Don't get me wrong, is usable, but you may encounter issues. Due to that, we are still sticking to OSX High Sierra and 2018.

EDIT: Inserting symbols into a drawing gets very slow on occasions, also the quick click icons (auto join walls) etc do not stay enabled after each restart. Will record any others I find. 
EDIT1: Complete application quit when changing the bearing height of a roof. Not every-time though.

Edited by ptoner

framing member now hangs with latest mojave update when trying to use custom symbols (on blank and existing drawings)

(after trying to select it - looks like the object info panel dialogue is causing the problem) had a similar problem with drawing labels.

what a disaster 2019 is.....

• Like 1
On 12/15/2018 at 3:14 PM, fabrica said:

what a disaster 2019 is.....

Its the reason why none of the 40+ users in my office have been upgraded to Mojave yet. VW 2019 is still buggy. I cant upgrade them or get them to use 2018 either, as support for that is further behind and I do not want to bug test that as well, doubling up on my already beefed up workloads. 

I am only two users here. However the 40+ hours lost from making the switch hurts badly. Our mistake was to update to Mojave without checking.  However, whereas I received several emails reminding me to update the VW annual subsription, none told me not to update OSX.  To say ‘check our website’  makes sense if the supplier never contacts users directly. VW  did contact me but about the Service Select subscription only. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, SVA Architects said:

Deleting a 90deg filled arc today sent VW into a 10 minute spinning ball freeze

What I am finding is that these bugs do not happen every single time, just randomly.

People who use the app for drawing, daily, are the ones who identify these bugs. 

Today i had a couple for example.

1. Object info pane randomly adding 3 x 0's to all dimensions that i would input.

2. Opening a saved view crashed the app straight out. (first time that has happened)

Edited by ptoner
2 hours ago, ptoner said:

What I am finding is that these bugs do not happen every single time, just randomly.

People who use the app for drawing, daily, are the ones who identify these bugs. 

Today i had a couple for example.

1. Object info pane randomly adding 3 x 0's to all dimensions that i would input.

2. Opening a saved view crashed the app straight out. (first time that has happened)

Yeah that spinning is constant with differing sources/causes. 
Yesterday I had multiple crashes/spinning for 10mins, when selecting a text box on the drawing. 
It maddening how poor support is from Apple, yet i find it an easy excuse to throw everything at their door too. Either VW left these bugs so late, that Apple have not gotten round to fix them yet or Apple do not want to know, cause they should have the man power. 
I am aware that other CAD packages have similar issues with Apple and Mojave support, though maybe not as extreme.

Edited by ptoner

I had many lockups (outside of VW) with Mojave on my 2013 MBP until I did a reformat and restore from time machine. The machine would simply stop responding (but the mouse would continue to move). After 30-60s (sometimes longer) it would process all the keyboard and click buffers and go back to normal. This got progressively worse and worse until I couldn't use the machine for much at all, and I did the reformat. This only happened on my laptop. The MacPro tower has been fine. I have experienced a few crashes with VW, but nothing consistent or identifiable as to source.

YMMV.

Edited by JohnAthayde