macOS Mojave (10.14) Compatibility

5 minutes ago, ODHW said:

That's right AD, SP1.1. 

No idea how, but I get the spinning beachball when I draw lines without the hard drive, and works absolutely fine when I plug it in! 

It's a cheap USB powered 1Tb drive. 

The files are on my integral hard drive of course– I'm running absolutely nothing off the hard drive.

Anyone else getting this?

O

I was having a lot of issues with SP1, and found that unplugging everything from my computer fixed them.  Through process of elimination, it turned out to by my Wacom tablet.  If its connected via Bluetooth, no issues with VW2019 on Mojave.  When its connected via USB, VW hangs.  Seems like maybe VW and Mojave are having problems with USB communication in general.  

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, Lee Marable said:

Hi, 

I am using Vectorworks 2016 and I have recently updated to Mojave 10.14. Vectorworks is crashing whenever I try to use or open a file - is there any way to fix this issue for Vectorworks 2016?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Vectorworks has said they will not be releasing updates or fixes for anything older than 2018.  You'll either need to upgrade your VW to 2018 or 2019 or take your macOS back. 

• Like 1
On 11/9/2018 at 4:07 PM, BryanNaegele said:

When its connected via USB, VW hangs.  Seems like maybe VW and Mojave are having problems with USB communication in general.  

Same here,

USB Problems here from time to time (1 Minute hangs)

Not only my Wacom Cintiq input, also 3DConnexion or any other input device.

0-1 times a day.

But much more often when VW open.

12 minutes ago, Kingstone said:

I have a Wacom tablet and 3DConnextion USB devices.  Jesus!!  Haven't upgraded to Mojave yet waiting for the all clear.  Its been a long wait, I wonder if Nemetchek is feeling like some second class citizen.

My 3D mouse has been ok with VW, but it seems to lose connection and have to be unplugged and reconnected. This is new to Mojave. 

My 3D Connexion Spacemouse Enterprise loses connection randomly on High Sierra. I simply unplug it and plug it back in to give it a reboot. 

This happens inside and outside of Vectorworks. 

In some instances with Apple’s OS, USB connected devices can cause issues upon computer boot up. Of course it’s not always feasible to always have all your USB devices unplugged during boot up. 

Rob

Edited by rgcn
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

It’s funny you mention that @rgcn because  I have noticed the exact same thing with my 3D Connexion Spacemouse. I didn’t have this connection “hiccup” in (low) Sierra but I do see it in High Sierra. It’s not surprising to hear it’s occurring for some people in Mojave. My hope is that Apple has provided enough information to the companies that make external devices so that those companies can update their device drivers as needed.

Personally I’m in no hurry to upgrade my Mac OS to 10.14 Mojave... I have yet to see anything listed for Mojave’s new features and enhancements that is mission critical for getting my work done. 

Every time I startup/reboot High Sierra I have to unplug, and then replug my 3Dconnexion CadMouse. I've emailed 3Dconnexion but their tech support is awful, so I just live with it. Good to know I'm not the only one having I/O issues with their products on a Mac (they prioritize Windows because their core focus is MCAD).

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Mark Aceto said:

Every time I startup/reboot High Sierra I have to unplug, and then replug my 3Dconnexion CadMouse. I've emailed 3Dconnexion but their tech support is awful, so I just live with it. Good to know I'm not the only one having I/O issues with their products on a Mac (they prioritize Windows because their core focus is MCAD).

Yes, 3DConnexion’s tech support is awful. I have emailed them many times over the years with issues , and I think I have only received one response. 

Rob

3Dconnexion released a driver update on 10/31 with added support for Mojave if that helps anyone (didn't solve my reboot issue on HS):

https://www.3dconnexion.com/service/drivers.html

Version 10.6.0 (r2876; October 19, 2018). First public release of version 10.8.

• New: 3DxMacCore v. 1.0.0 (b32, e88f6db; Oct 19, 2018).
  • Updated: 3DxAcrobat3D v. 1.1.2 (r710; Oct 5, 2018).
  • Updated: 3DxCollage v. 1.1.0 (r15444; Oct 16, 2018).
  • Updated: 3DxMaya v. 4.5.1 (r15417; Oct 8, 2018).
  • Updated: 3DxNLServer v. 1.3.1 (r15387; Oct 1, 2018).
  • Updated: 3DxPair v. 2.2.0 (r15446; Oct 16, 2018).
  • Updated: 3DxPuzzle v. 1.0.6 (r15445; Oct 16, 2018).
  • Updated: 3DxPhotoshop v. 2.9.0 (r15412; Oct 5, 2018).
  • Updated: 3DxSketchUp v. 4.6.0 (r15411, branches/4; Oct 5, 2018).
  • Updated: 3DxTrainer v. 1.0.5 (r15443; Oct 16, 2018).
  • Updated: 3DxViewer v. 2.0.13 (r15441; Oct 16, 2018).
  • Removed: 3DPackage (replaced by 3DxMacCore).
  • New: [MAC-56] Add support for Apple macOS 10.14 ("Mojave").
  • New: [MAC-58] Added support for Adobe Photoshop CC 2018.
  • Fix: Removing a page via <Delete> key did not update the view in Collage.
  • Change: 3DxDemo now also opens on machines with no OpenGL acceleration. Demo
  • now also uses FSAA to improve rendering quality.
  • Change: Removed support for 32-bit editions of Trimble SketchUp. Minimum supported
  • SketchUp version is 2015 (64-bit).
  • Note: 3DxMacCore replaces the "3DPackage" component and includes 3DxDemo,
  • 3DxNumpad, 3DxRadialMenu, 3DxSNAxisDemo and 3DxVirtualLCD.
  • Like 2
12 minutes ago, SVA Architects said:

The 2D arc tool radius mode still produce a spinning beachball for appx 10mins.  OSX Mojave VW 2019 SP2 downloaded today 😞

I'm still getting the spinning beachball for about 45 seconds every 4th or 5th action I take. Was hoping SP2 would fix, my productivity is seriously suffering. I hope there can be a resolution soon!

All seems well on my system as well, with a 3D mouse and my Wacom tablet connected through USB so that seems to have been sorted out.  I did have to spend some time on the phone with Tech Support to upgrade from SP1 to SP1.1.  My updater was borked and we had to do a clean install and they had to send me some files directly.  If you haven't tried a clean install, that's the first thing I'd try, but SP2 seems to be stable and have fixed the issues I'd been seeing.

2 minutes ago, BryanNaegele said:

All seems well on my system as well, with a 3D mouse and my Wacom tablet connected through USB so that seems to have been sorted out.  I did have to spend some time on the phone with Tech Support to upgrade from SP1 to SP1.1.  My updater was borked and we had to do a clean install and they had to send me some files directly.  If you haven't tried a clean install, that's the first thing I'd try, but SP2 seems to be stable and have fixed the issues I'd been seeing.

Thanks for the advice. I'm learning the problem is inconsistent; for the past 15 mins all has been well. If it crops up again a clean install is my next step.

I would like to upgrade to Mojave, but I still use VW2017 to import Revit kitchen equipment files because importing doesn’t work properly on VW 2018 or 2019. Does anyone know if 2017 works well enough on Mojave to just import a Revit object and save the file?