Focus Points Can't be Renamed (spotlight)

John512

Question

I have been working back and forth between two separate projects recently (Lets call them Project A and Project B), I had both projects open in separate tabs while I was working. All of the focus points work in project A but in project B when I create a new focus point it will not allow me to rename it anything in the range of 1-11 and A-H, it says that anything in between those letters and numbers are already in use but there are no focus points anywhere in project B.

Please let me know if you need any other info!

7 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, John512 said:

I have been working back and forth between two separate projects recently (Lets call them Project A and Project B), I had both projects open in separate tabs while I was working. All of the focus points work in project A but in project B when I create a new focus point it will not allow me to rename it anything in the range of 1-11 and A-H, it says that anything in between those letters and numbers are already in use but there are no focus points anywhere in project B.

Please let me know if you need any other info!

I occasionally experience the same issue. Extremely irritating

Edited by mjm

Do you have other objects named using those definitions? Vectorworks only allows one instance of an object name within the whole file.

Maybe your positions are using the same name? Or have you named the lighting pipes within your hanging positions? It could be a multitude of variables, but all coming back to the same thing. The name of any object is exclusive.

Hope that helps...

Edited by markdd
4 minutes ago, markdd said:

Do you have other objects named using those definitions? Vectorworks only allows one instance of an object name within the whole file.

Maybe you have your positions are using the same name? Or have you named the lighting pipe within your hanging position? It could be a multitude of variables, but all coming back to the same thing. The name of any object is exclusive.

Hope that helps...Insert other media

Mark: Thanks for your input, appreciated. Hadn't considered the object name instancing as a possible problem, but (anecdotally, as I'm not near a VW file with that issue at the moment) I don't seem to think that'd be the issue, esp when I'm naming FPs something along the lines of DR, MR, UR, DR1, MR1, UR1, for ex.

But that brings up a question: What's the easiest way to create a list of all objects, sorted by name?

Edited by mjm