Video Screen Tool - show Screen Support but not the Screen in 3D

Hello all:
I have a Video Screen object with a Roll-Down Case type Screen Support. When viewing in 3D I would like to show the roll-down case but not the screen itself, as though the screen were rolled up and stored. I don't see a way to accomplish this in the OIP or Video Screen Tool Preferences. Is this not a feature?

Thank you

gf

EDIT: VW2018, Educational Version

Edited by gfearon
added version information

Since the "Hide Screen" tickbox hides both the screen and the roll case, you'll have to scroll down in the OIP to the "Classes" button and set it up so that you can turn off "Screens," "Frames," and "Borders" separately from "Roll Cases". (You can click the "Use Standard Classes" button to have it auto-assign classes, though it may give you more than you need). Hope this helps!

Thanks for the suggestion Andy. I was brief in my original post and neglected to mention that I'd like to show the screen either in or out, based on any particular show's needs. Turning off Frames etc. changes the trim height of the Roll Case so I'm left needing a workaround. I have some ideas and will hope that this feature is fully implemented in future.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding, but employing the classing method I mentioned above should accomplish what you're looking for?

-Click "Classes" button in the Video Screen OIP.

-Click "Use Standard Classes" button in pop-up.

-Go to Navigation Palette and turn off the classes: "Video-Frames" "Video-Border" and "Video-Screens".

-You're left with the Roll Case visible and editable, and you can show the screen again later by turning on the appropriate classes.

• Like 1

Ah in fact it was me who was misunderstanding your original reply. Sure enough, this accomplishes what I need. Admittedly I would prefer not to have to click so many times or to have added classes to achieve this functionality but at least I am able to do it. Thanks so much for your help on the issue, Andy.