Image Exporting classes

The only thing that comes to mind to do this is to export to Cinema 4D and then render, using the options within Cinema to render to layers in Photoshop. Even then you may have to switch off and on objects in Cinema to achieve this.I've just started using Cinema, but I remember when looking into buying it this was one of the features listed as a selling point layer rendering to Photoshop. Of course it means buying Cinema 4D but if you intend rendering designs from Vectorworks as well it may be a justifiable expenditure. It's not just a rendering program, take a look, it may be of interest anyway.

Regards

Alan

the other alternative which I'm sure you figured out was to do a series of image exports from Vectorworks with each seperate class visible class and then bring these in as layers on one Photoshop file. Depending on your VW file this may not work out as some class items may be ovelapped by others and need a lot of work to cut them away to get the image correct.

Guess what you are really looking for is a quick one button solution in the export options.

Sorry don't know of one but if you find a quick solution let us know, could be useful for the future.

Alan

Surely you mean exporting VW Layers, not Classes, as Photoshop Layers. That works very well, using the procedure Alan described. There's no problem of overlapping, since the same things that are hidden by VW layering are hidden by Photoshop layering, as long as you keep the same layer order. For all but the bottom layer, you have to do a Wand selection of the white area surrounding the image, then Inverse Selection, then Copy and Paste on top of the lower layers.

jan 15

I've been giving this more thought and whilst it does not solve the problem I think I've got an easier method from yours and mine regarding any layers.

I've just tried this again as I remember this being the case on some plans I did some time ago.

Instead of exporting as a bitmap or jpeg, export as a eps. When you open the file in Photoshop after its rasterised it has the black lines on a transparent background with no need to remove the white. Just add a fill layer to complete or save as a jpeg which wll give it a fill.

this is assuming you don't have Illustrator but most people seem to have at least one version of Photoshop in their collection of required software.

Try it to see yourself

Good luck

Alan

[ 10-11-2004, 04:14 AM: Message edited by: alanmac ]