Vectorworks/C4d Exchange R2

I'm new to VWArchitect 11 and C4d 8.5 (9 is on the way)

I finally installed the R2 Plug-In.

I found the pdf manual and made sure the VW plug-ins were in both places. I went through the edit workspaces stuff too.

I get the proper options in both VW and C4d when I run each program.

I should be ready.

I have created a simple building (120' x 60'), no textures or lighting, just a wireframe and optionally, shaded polygons, no classes (I did use Architect's "walls" tool, Create Floor and Create Roof).

I have set the VW document scale to 1/16.

I've set the C4d scale factor to 1 and units to Inches (tried Feet too).

When I export to C4d, and then open the file in C4d, I get nothing but the ground plane grid (dramatically zoomed in) with the Red, Green and Blue arrow lines (forgot what these are called, sorry). Whether I zoom out all the way till the grid is barely a single dot on the screen or choose any of the 4 views, all I see is the grid and RBG arrows. Clearly I'm not understanding something in one or both programs.

For what it's worth, each time I exported from VW I was in a scene viewport and was able to see the entire box/building I had created. I have tried wireframe as well as shaded ploygons and can see both in the viewport.

I made some tests using the plug-in and regardless of which options I choose (color or class mode) in the VW>C4d Export dialog boxes I get the same thing when I bring the exported file into C4d.

I can export these as DXF(text) without the plug-in but the resulting file, while visible in C4d, is missing some elements.

A least the DXF model is visible in C4d however!

Please excuse my ignorance. Just starting to learn both of these programs and I need a small success to keep me keeping on.

Can anyone help?