Hide fixture label legend by fixture type?

Hello!

Can you hide label legends based on the fixture type?

Here is my work flow...I have a label legend set up with Address, Universe, Fixture number, and focus point information. 

When doing lighting plots, I use 2 separate SL VP to show information. One displays the fixture layout with the classes showing label legend address, universe and fixture number active. I also do a "Focus" SL VP that shows only the focus point class active. 

Here is my problem:

When implementing moving lights, the focus point data is unnecessary. On the "Focus" viewport, I hide the class the moving lights are on to clean up the drawing. However, the label legend is still visible for these fixtures because all of the "Focus Point" label legend data on the Lighting-Label-Focus class.

Is there an easy fix to this, without having to get creative and complicated creating additional classes and layers?

Thanks!

Josh

What about putting all your moving lights on a separate layer?

The other much better thing you could try to use is Data Visualisation on Sheet Layer Viewports. It is a powerful tool and you can choose to hide various instruments based on their criteria with some very pleasing results. Label Legends will hide with the instruments as well.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Sam Jones said:

This is very cool

This is a really helpful function and I really hope they develop it even further. It means that by simply attaching the smallest record to something you can make an object take on all sorts of different attributes. This has really helped me with complex lighting layouts.