Weird HUD angles when dragging objects

Kevin McAllister

Question

I've recently noticed strange angles appearing when I drag objects while holding the shift key, which should constrain the angle. It seems to happen in container type spaces like annotations. Here is a screen shot of what I'm seeing. When I dragged a similar object on the sheet layer itself I didn't have any issues. Has anyone else noticed this type of behaviour?

Thanks,

Kevin

1173370164_ScreenShot2018-07-03at6_59_41PM.thumb.png.5b5c9baa850831317fe3700c65df1e54.png

• Like 1

1 answer to this question

This happens to me all the time in Vw2016; It’s disappointing to hear this is still happening in Vw2018 SP4. It happens to me as well on Design Layers, not just inside Container Objects or SL Annotations.

In my opinion, holding down ‘Shift key’ to Constrain should always take the top Priority over any other active Snaps. Right now, it feels like it’s added at the bottom of the Snapping hierarchy, which kind of defeats the purpose of holding down Shift.

• Like 2